Follow MyPOVSince1979

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

IT runs for City Councilman in NY!

KWAME SMALLS also know as “IT” from VH1 Reality Shows I Love Money 2 and I Love New York 2) has been put on the Democratic ballot for City Council member in the 26th District of Queens. (Which includes; Maspeth, Long Island City, Sunnyside, Woodside)

“I’m running to represent those with disabilities and also to show minorities in my community that we can run for political office and make a difference instead of being on the street” Says Kwame Smalls who suffers from Retinitis pigmentosa.

Smalls, his Campaign Manager, I Love New York 2 winner and I Love Money 2 runner up George “Tailor Made” Weisgerber and a team of volunteers canvassed the district for 5 weeks in June and July. They were able to obtain signatures in excess of the number required by Election Law demonstrating that the community supports Smalls’ candidacy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What's Your Point of View?